Calendar and what’s happening
* THE HAVEN – “a safe space for young people dealing with stress and anxiety”.
Thursday 17th January, 4.30-6.00pm
(the third Thursday of the month in term time, so Thursday 21st March also this term)
http://www.the267project.com/event/the-haven-st-albans-2/ hosted at St Paul’s
* REVOLUTION DAY
Saturday 19th January, 11.30am-9.00pm
– Vineyard Youth St Albans and The 267 Project present “an epic day of incredible inflatables, wonderful worship, terrific talks, fab food and gross gunge… we will be thinking about how we can all shine brighter as we bring revolution to our world.” (see attached flyer)
– For school years 7-13
– Early bird tickets are £10 (until end Dec) or £12 in Jan.
– Book now if your son/daughter would like to attend!
– Hosted at The Vineyard Church, Brick Knoll Park, St Albans, AL1 5UG.
* YOUTH EVENING WITH JO MOODY
Thursday 24th January, 7.00-9.30pm
– We are looking forward to sharing time with Jo Moody once again and this evening will be specifically for the young people, starting with pizza at 7pm and formal finish at 9.30pm!
– Please save the date, as this is always a special time and Jo has become a wonderful friend to us and the young people over the years of her visits to us.
* CHARGE – a new youth event for school years 6-8
Friday 8th February, 6.30-8.30pm
Basically similar to Crossover (and aimed at the same year groups), but bigger, reaching wider to other youth from across the area, packed full of fun & games and slightly longer with an 8.30pm finish time!
* SOUL SURVIVOR SATURDAY CELEBRATIONS
Saturday 16th February, 6.30-8.30pm (also 9 March and 6 April this term)
Hosted at Soul Survivor Watford Warehouse, 5 Greycaine Road, Watford WD24 7GP.
* WEEKEND AWAY FOR SCHOOL YEARS 6+7+8
Friday 17th – Sunday 19th May
Run with the 267 Project, another early date for the diary to what is a really fun packed weekend away for the younger youth!
* SOUL SURVIVOR
Saturday 17th – 22nd August 2019 inclusive (return date is on GCSE exam results day)
Week B in Peterborough, a major highlight of the calendar for school years 9+
We had 50 in our overall group from St Paul’s (and a couple of other churches) last summer and we are keen to take as many young people as possible in 2019, for what is one of the best times of the year together as a youth group (as well as the last Soul Survivor as they are stopping in 2019!). We are especially keen to invite those who have never had the chance to go before (some After 8 youth especially!), so I would like to encourage you to consider sending your kids. Quotes from previous first timers included “The best week of the holidays, [because] everyone was so nice and I just connected with God in a way I didn’t know was possible” and “Soul Survivor was honestly one of the best weeks of my life so far”
If you’re already familiar with the booking process from previous years, feel free to book on now (make sure you attach yourself to the “St Paul’s, St Albans” church booking and use Michael’s e-mail as the group booking lead – firstname.lastname@example.org). Further more detailed booking details otherwise will follow, so that you have time to take advantage of the early bird prices!