What we are all about…
Hi, I’m Tori and I oversee St Paul’s work with Children and Families.
I would love for you and your family to find a home at St Paul’s so please do get in touch if you have any questions, queries, for prayer or just for a chat and a cuppa!
My contact details are:
phone: 07876 293 276
St Paul’s Kids invites ALL children to:
- catch God’s voice and heart through age-appropriate WORSHIP,
- BELONG in a loving family who expect the extraordinary,
- walk with Jesus to GROW as spirit-led disciples,
- use their physical and spiritual gifts to bless and SERVE others,
- SHARE their faith through inviting in and going out.
We love to listen to God, enjoy him and do what he says in all that we do. So, we want all of our ministries to work towards the purposes set out above and pray that this might bear fruit for generations to come.
During the Covid19 Lockdown, St Paul’s Kids is currently connecting in the following ways:
• St Paul’s Kids TV every Sunday at 9AM on our youtube channel.
We are also starting monthly kids groups in the church building for each age group (subject to lockdown changes). These adhere to social distancing and government guidelines and require children to be pre-booked by emailing email@example.com.
• Stepping Stones and Tumblers Sessions: Sunday 25th October, Sunday 22nd November
• Scramblers Sessions: Sunday 1st November, Sunday 29th November
• Climbers Sessions: Sunday 8th November, Sunday 6th December
• Explorers Sessions: Sunday 15th November, Sunday 13th December
Sunday Fun Day!
We have 5 groups for under 11s that meet during our 10.30am Sunday Service.
For babies until confidently walking
Where: Garden Room 1
Core Leader: Heather Kingsman
Stepping Stones involves 40 minutes of free play during which our trained team get to know, play with and pray for the babies and their families. Then they join Tumblers for a makaton Bible story with Coral the puppet, worship songs with bubbles and shakers, time to catch from God and pray, and a weekly take-away reminder of the story.
Parents are welcome to stay in Stepping Stones. A quiet room for breast feeding is available in Garden Room 2.
For toddlers who are confidently walking until 3 years.
Core Leader: Karen Durkin
Tumblers involves 40 minutes of free play with lots of toys and even a slide! During this time our trained team get to know, play with and pray for the children and their families. Then they join Stepping Stones for a makaton Bible story with Coral the puppet, worship songs with bubbles and shakers, time to catch from God and pray, and a weekly take-away reminder of the story.
Parents are welcome to stay in Tumblers.
Age 3 until end of Reception
Core Leader: Nigel Kingsman
Scramblers involves 25 minutes of free play with lots of toys and colouring! Scramblers all help to tidy up before an epic action song, makaton ‘Thank You Jesus’ and peek-a-boo boxes which introduce the Bible story of the day. Our trained team make the good news of Jesus come alive for the Scramblers and often leave space to catch from God near the end of the session.
School Years 1, 2 & 3
Where: Upper Hall
Core Leader: Susie Dagnall and Karen Large (Inclusion Coordinator)
Climbers is an action-packed hour involving team games, relevant Bible truths, catching and chatting with God, competition, creative storytelling and the opportunity for children to make a personal response to God’s call on their lives. Climbers follows the Gospel Project curriculum which looks at the mega-narrative of the Bible in chronological bitesize chunks.
School Years 4, 5 & 6
Where: Large Hall
Core Leader: Fiona Greenley
Explorers spend time catching up and filling in their points cards before an interactive and engaging God Spot. This follows the Gospel Project curriculum, looking at the mega-narrative of the Bible in chronological bitesize chunks. Then, our Epic Events can be anything from baking, to a park trip, to giant games, to clay creations – the possibilities (and fun!) are endless. During the Epic Event, team and children get the opportunity to discuss what God has been saying to them and how we can respond to today’s God Spot.
During the Covid19 Lockdown, St Paul’s Mid-Week groups for families are not able to meet.
Please keep checking the website for updated information. 05.05.2020
For parents, bumps and babies until confidently walking.
When: Thursdays in Term Time from 10am – 11.30am
Where: Garden Room 1
Key Team: Lucy Ginty and Chris McNally
Coffee and play for parents and carers with their Tiny Tots. A warm welcome is always on offer as well as home-baked goodies most weeks! This welcoming group always ends with invitations to other family groups and singing time.
For parents, babies and toddlers.
When: Fridays in Term Time from 9.30am – 11.00am
Where: Large Hall & Small Hall
Key Team: Kuniko Shinozawa and Andy Thompson
Coffee, themed craft, soft play, ride on toys, refreshments and fun for parents and carers with their Tots. This fun, international parents group finishes with a simple Bible story, singing time and a thought for the parents. You are most welcome!
Nourish Family Cafe
For families with school aged children
When: 2nd Friday of the month (not in August) from 3.30pm – 5.30pm
Where: Large Hall
Key Team: Angela Burstow & Jo Fisher
Nourish Family Café is the perfect way to unwind after a busy school week. Kick back and watch a cartoon, do some crafting, play board games or enjoy some snacks and catch up with other families. After this much-needed free time, we gather together to act out a Bible story before sitting down for dinner and digging into some discussion questions together. We finish our time together with a delicious chicken nugget/fish finger supper!
For male parents and carers and their under 5s.
When: 4th Saturday of the month (not in August or December) from 9.30am – 11.00am
Where: Large Hall
Key Team: Andy Pike
Coffee, bacon rolls, toys and sports for male parents and carers and their under 5’s. SaturDads enjoy a fair bit of free time to play and chat before hearing a ‘thought for the day’ from one of our Dad team. You are very welcome!
• Additional Needs – if your child has any additional needs, we would love to discuss how best we can love and serve them! Please contact Tori (details above) and she will arrange to meet you and Karen Large, our Inclusion Coordinator.
• Expecting a baby? Congratulations! Please do contact Tori who is happy to pray with and chat to any expecting parents about all that church has to offer in this life-altering season!
• Keeping in touch – Request to join the St Paul’s Parents and Carers facebook page here!
• Schools – for information on school visits to the church building, or visits to local schools for assemblies or special occasions (Christmas, Christingle, Harvest, Easter etc.) please contact the office.
• Uniformed Groups – St Paul’s is home to Rainbows and Brownie packs. If you would like information about these groups, contact the office.