St. Paul’s recognises the importance of ministry to children and young people and its responsibility to protect and safeguard the welfare of children and young people entrusted to it. The Children Act 1989 and the notes of guidance make it clear that child protection applies to children and young people up to the age of 18.
As part of its mission, St. Pauls is committed to:
- Valuing, listening to and respecting children and young people as well as promoting their welfare and protection.
- Safe recruitment, supervision and training for all who come into contact with children and young people.
- Adopting a procedure for dealing with concerns about possible abuse.
- Encouraging and supporting parents/carers.
- Supporting those affected by abuse.
- Maintaining good links with the statutory childcare authorities and other organisations.
St Paul’s Policy
All leaders that may be unsupervised with children or young people will have two references taken and be DBS checked.
For further information, please download any of the following documents:
If you are looking for any of the forms mentioned in these documents, please go to our Resources page, where they can be downloaded.